- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows
- And ensure constantly flowing and varied action
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games
- Take on the team of Dr. Eggman and Bowser in an all new exciting adventure
- Play as the full cast of characters in a fully immersive single player Story Mode.
- Take the fun of the Olympic Games to the streets of London as the city becomes the ultimate playground!
- Take part in a huge number of mini-games around a variety of famous landmarks with all your favorite characters in the London Party mode
- Play as the full cast of characters in a fully immersive single player Story Mode
- Multiplayer fun in a wide range of events including all-new real-world Summer Olympic events and Arcade style Dream Games
- Take the fun of the Olympic Games to the streets of London as the city becomes the ultimate playground
Just Dance: Summer Party
- Just Dance: Summer Party features easy-to-pick-up on-screen silhouette direction
- Just Dance to over 20 all-new tracks from the 80's, 90's, and today
- Stay motivated with a mix of high energy dance beats, smooth R&B, salsa, and more to create the perfect summer workout
- More ways to play, including Dance Battles, Dance Party and the Just Sweat mode which is a workout in disguise
- The game includes local four-player support, including co-op and versus options
Call of Duty MW3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel to the previous game in the series, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In the game's single player campaign Russian Ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov continues his manipulation of Russian Federation forces in their invasion of the United States and Europe. In their way stands characters like Task Force 141 Captain John "Soap" MacTavish, former SAS Captain John Price as well as new playable characters from Delta Force and the British SAS. Engage enemy forces in New York, Paris, Berlin and other attack sites across the globe. The world stands on the brink, and Makarov is intent on bringing civilization to its knees. In this darkest hour, are you willing to do what is necessary
Gears of War 3
Need for Speed: The Run
Be the first to cross the finish line as you speed across the country from San Francisco to New York in an illicit, high-stakes race
- Race as Jack, a marked man who must make it to New York City ahead of the competition, the police and the men who want him dead
Madden NFL 12
- The new system uses a player's momentum and over 100 new tackle animations, including 40 gang tackles.
- Players in zone and man coverage will properly recognize and react to plays, resulting in a defensive team that truly works together.
- It allows you to build the ultimate game plan by creating your own offensive or defensive plays from 75 different playbooks.
- Experience NFL Sundays including 32 team specific run outs, over 500 dynamic broadcast cameras and a network broadcast graphics package.
- Visual improvements including new player equipment, helmet stickers, pylon and ball physics.
- Player degradation system that affects uniforms and helmets based on weather and field surface, 3D grass, and new player specific animations.
Monday, March 19, 2012
Try reading some of these other great post-apocalyptic books!
The House of the Scorpion Farmer
- Gone Grant
- Hunger Grant
- Turnabout Haddix
- Hole in the Sky Hautman
- The cure Levitin
- Tomorrow, When the War Began Marsden
- The Host Meyer
- Shade’s Children Nix
- Z for Zachariah O'Brien
- The Transall Saga Paulsen
- Life as We Knew It Pfeffer
- The Dead and the Gone Pfeffer
- The Last Book in the Universe Philbrick
- Nation Pratchett
- How I Live Now Rosoff
- Bones of Faerie Simner
- Welcome to the Ark Tolan
- The Uglies Trilogy Westerfeld
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
The Alex Awards are given to ten books written for adults that have special appeal to young adults, ages 12 through 18. The winning titles are selected from the previous year's publishing.
- Big Girl Small, by Rachel DeWoskin
- In Zanesville, by Jo Ann Beard
- The Lover’s Dictionary, by David Levithan
- The New Kids: Big Dreams and Brave Journeys at a High School for Immigrant Teens, by Brooke Hauser
- The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
- Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
- Robopocalypse: A Novel, by Daniel H. Wilson
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
- The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt: A Novel in Pictures, by Caroline Preston
- The Talk-Funny Girl, by Roland Merullo
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Witty, sardonic Cullen Witter agonizes over the disappearance of his beloved brother, Gabriel, while everyone else in his stiflingly dull Arkansas town thrills to the apparent return of a long-extinct woodpecker. Kidnapping, bromance, arcane religious texts, and ornithology collide in this ground-breaking coming-of-age tale.
2012 Honor Books
Why We Broke Up written by Daniel Handler, art by Maira Kalman
In this beautiful piece of bookmaking, heartbroken movie obsessive Min Green dumps a box of relationship ephemera on ex-love Ed Slaterton’s porch, each item attached to a raging, loving, insecure and regretful letter explaining how each memento contributed to their breakup.
The Returning written by Christine Hinwood
A large cast of characters from two fictional kingdoms recover from a drawn-out, brutal war in a portrait both sweeping and specific as it explores the ramifications of the conflict on Cam, the only one who lives to return to his village.
Jasper Jones written by Craig Silvey
Spurred by the mysterious death of a schoolmate, Charlie confronts racism and his fears as he learns about family, friendship and love in the oppressive heat of small-town 1960s Australia. Silvey weaves themes of freedom and loyalty with moments of humor in this wrenching novel.
The Scorpio Races written by Maggie Stiefvater
A bloody, intoxicating horse race on the Island of Thisby is the backdrop for this atmospheric novel. The heart-pounding story pits two teens against death – to win is to survive.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans on her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.